Border Protection Command Intelligence Centre
The Border Protection Command Intelligence Centre processes and analyses information and intelligence relating to offshore maritime areas, focusing on the following civil maritime security threats:
- Illegal exploitation of natural resources;
- Illegal activity in protected areas;
- Unauthorised maritime arrivals;
- Prohibited imports/exports;
- Maritime Terrorism;
- Piracy, robbery or violence at sea;
- Compromise to Bio-security; and
- Marine pollution.
Analysts coordinate the collection, analysis, and dissemination, of information. They conduct risk assessments which inform plans for surveillance and response missions based on strategic and tactical needs.